Monday, July 19, 2010

More is less

I can recall a lecturer at college saying something akin to 'the more we know, the less we know!'. We I can certainly resonate wth that expression at the moment. There are perhaps two sides to this, like all great duality, yin and yang. One side, and the one that I don't like the feel of, is that there is so much I don't know that I sometimes feel overwhelmed and insignificant. The other side is that I feel humbled and grateful that there is so much more to learn and experience!

I recently had that 'overwhelmed' feeling (again!), and whilst at mass last Sunday was struck by something the priest shared in his thoughts about the gospel. It basically broke down to 'keep it simple' when it comes to spending time in God's pressence. It struck me that this principle is also valid for my practice and development. If I over complicate, over theorise, over analyse etc., in short get attached to my thoughts and ego processes I become distracted from the simple beauty of nature and its natural energy available to me via Classical Five-Element Acupuncture when I 'get out of my head and come to my senses'. There will always be so much I won't know, and what I do know is what I currently have to work with!!!

It is said the great acupuncture masters knew which single acupuncture point was required by the patient. A simple treatment but getting to that place where that simple treatment is revealed to me is a lifelong journey and a destination I may, or may not reach. I hope to remember to stop and smell the roses along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive and objective feedback and comments are always welcome.